Sunday, November 2, 2014

Crafting with Willow.

The boys starred in the making stakes this weekend. Jonno cut a big wreath of willow for the boys for to craft with and they came up with the most wonderful projects. Archie and Hugo observed an artisan making willow whistles on our trip to England earlier this year. With a memory fresher than min, Archie managed to successfully recreated his own. The only problem being that he couldn't resist whistling it whenever he was standing next to me.... so impressed with his craftsmanship but a constant high pitched whistling can tend to become a little frustrating over the course of an afternoon. Eventually I gently suggested that our dog Bertie was perhaps being driven to distraction and the whistling thoughtfully softened out.
It's so pretty though!
Hugo decided to make a hot pie server which is always useful to have on hand.
I have to say that I was blown away by his work. Just beautiful.
Hugo's hands are kind of amazing. They are so little but have the surety of an old man.
Look at that face.
At one point it began to slip so he reworked until it held perfectly. So, so, so impressed.
And here are some roses from my garden. I can't begin to express the joy they bring to me each year.
Love.
I hope you had a lovely weekend too!
Lots of love,
Kate. xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails