Tuesday, June 15, 2010

French Lessons.

My dress and rose waiting to be parceled up.





When we were in Noumea, much to Jonno's chagrin, I found paradise. The tragic thing is that I cannot remember the name of the shop and for the life of me, cannot find the receipt. Anyway, it was run by the most beautiful french woman and was filled to the brim with the most beautiful (I can't use that phrase enough) clothing, jewellery and frippery that I have ever seen.
And while we had very few words between us, the most beautiful french woman and I said lots of lovely things to each other like 'oui', 'yes', 'superb', 'magnifique', 'mercie beucoup' (please ignore any spelling mistakes, I learnt Japanese at school) and felt very much as though we were in the throws of great conversation.
By the way, all of her flowers were fake (or should I say faux)!!!!!
And as for the shoes, I had to quietly nibble them when the most beautiful french woman wasn't looking and sadly pat them goodbye on my way out. I couldn't even do the maths to convert them back to the kiwi dollar as there were so many zeros involved. I would say Au Revior but I am not sure if that is how you spell it - farewell!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails